Wednesday 10 September 2014

First Post! Groomed Brows and the Perfect Pout!

So I was going to make my first post about a potato....but I changed my mind last minute! The first thing I wanted to say was a big High 5 to ALL Bloggers out there.. I didn't realise until yesterday how hard it was to create one. I feel I've shouted the words WIDGETs and GADGETs out at the computer more times in the last 24 hours than I ever want to again! But here it is, My Blog is still nowhere near perfect but I thought I'd give it a whirl with a first post about my Beauty MakeUp Pic I put up on my Instagram (LauraJaneWilde) a few days ago.

I'm currently working as a MAC Cosmetics Manager in the Midlands and I absolutely LOVE every minute of it. Below is a pic I took last Wednesday before going to work and I tried a few different things that I wanted to share with y'all as it was all really easy to do..


So the first thing I'm going to start with is... BROWS! My Boyfriend says that I have a HUGE obsession and that I judge everyone by their eyebrows which sooo isn't one bit true..(maybe..).. BUT they are super important and can change your wholeeee face shape. My passion for Brows came from working at a Brow Bar for Benefit Cosmetics and I learnt so much from them which I'm grateful for. There are SO MANY products out there which can make it hard what to choose. I will share these as I continue my blog but for this day I used MAC DIPDOWN FLUIDLINE.. which is actually a gel eyeliner. This is super longwearing and 100% Smudgeproof, you have to use it with a brush and I would fully recommend a hard angled one, #266 from MAC would be perfect! The main thing you need to know about this product is that less is more.. I use the tiniest amount and always wipe my brush a few times on a tissue before applying to the brows - this also helps you to get a really sharp line as you are getting rid of any excess product.
Once you have done that, start underneath your brow and draw a line from about 3mm from the beginning of your brow and then stop where your arch begins. Do the same on the top of your brow and then draw a line from your arch to your end point. Once the lines are in, all you need to do it brush all the hairs up with your brush following the shape of your brow and you shouldn't need to get any more product either because using the remainder of whats already on your brush will make your brow look really groomed but natural, this is also why I recommend leaving a 3mm gap.
If you are growing your brows or they aren't a shape that you can follow, I have put a picture below which is a guideline of where your Brow Start, Arch and End should be.

 


I'm not sure how long one post is meant to go on for guys so I just thought I'd finish with telling you what I did differently to my lips! I used MAC Boldly Bare Lip Liner with MAC Myth Lipstick in this pic. A current craze on counter at the minute is the Kylie Jenner Lip so I was inspired by this! To create the perfect pout I first used the liner to line my natural lip shape. I then drew the liner on my bottom lip but just at the corners and then the same on top. Then, Apply the Myth lipstick in the middle of your lips and because the colour is lighter in the middle and darker around the outer of the lips it makes your lips stand out more! You may need to soften a little bit by blending a little bit of the liner over the top of myth and it looks great with a gloss over the top too!

Hope this helps! :)  If anyone has any questions or any tips on the old widgets then let me know xxMacPotato

3 comments:

  1. Hi, welcome to the world of beauty blogging! Brilliant post! I know you're new to blogging but a couple of tips, read and look at other people's blogs - it helps massively! You'll probably find yourself adapting the look of your blog when you see others and you can find loads of design tutorials!

    Brilliant first post though, look forward to seeing your blog developing! xx

    www.beautyhighstreet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so mucjh lovely! I love the style of your blog, will deffo have some reading to do, it all looks so complicated when I go to change my layout!
      Your holiday looks amazing! :) I'm hoping I've followed you on BlogLovin and that its the right way to do it!
      Thank you for the tips xx

      Delete
  2. Hey, I have really enjoyed reading your first post. I have nominated you for the liebster award. I followed you from Blog lovin. Please check out my blog http://rmalikreports.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete